The IBJJF is back after it suspended all 2020 events due to COVID-19.
The organization has released information for the Austin International Open 2020, which will include a gi and no-gi tournament. The event is scheduled to be held on September 19 and will include safety measures to protect competitors and coaches/”companions.” No additional spectators will be permitted at the event, and masks will be required.
The IBJJF posted the safety protocol for COVID-19 during the Austin International Open 2020:
- Every athlete is eligible to bring ONE coach or companion; no other spectators will be allowed. They must enter the venue with the competitor.
- For the sake of all competitors and staff, please check your temperature BEFORE coming to the event. If there are any signs of symptoms or high temperature, please remain at home and contact your health provider. This is extremely important for everyone involved.
- If you are currently sick or have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for COVID- 19, please stay at home and contact your health provider.
- All of our equipment will be properly sanitized prior to and during the event throughout the day.
- Masks or face shields will be required to be worn inside the building and can only be removed for your matches.”
Round Rock Sports Center
2400 Chisholm Trail,
, Round Rock
TX – United States of America