As the leaders of the world-famous Art of Jiu-Jitsu (AOJ) academy in Costa Mesa, California, Rafa and Gui Mendes — or the Mendes Brothers, as they’re commonly known in the sport — are considered among BJJ’s top modern-day instructors. Their academy has become a tourist destination of its own for jiu-jitsu practitioners traveling in California, and BJJ practitioners of all levels flock to their seminars when they’re hosted elsewhere.
Now, though, the Mendes brothers have revealed to the Jiu-JItsu Times that their time giving seminars is coming to an end for the foreseeable future, meaning that unless you make the trip to AOJ, you’re likely to miss out on learning from these two top instructors.
However, Rafa and Gui are offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend a BJJ “supercamp” with them in Singapore through EVOLVE. In an experience that combines state-of-the-art training with a nearly week-long vacation, the Mendes Brothers 2019 World Super Camp will include, per EVOLVE’s website:
- “Exclusive access to daily training sessions taught by 6x BJJ World Champion Rafael Mendes and 4X BJJ World Champion Guilherme Mendes in which they will share the philosophies and techniques that they used to win BJJ competitions at the highest level.
- Training will be 2x daily from 9-11 am and 2-4 pm Monday through Friday. That’s 20 hours of elite instruction!
- Unlimited access to martial arts classes at Asia’s top martial arts training organization, EVOLVE Vacation.
- Special rates from our accommodation partners.
- Complimentary rash guard.
- Photo opportunities with the Mendes Bros and the EVOLVE Fight Team.
- A group trip to the iconic Marina Bay Sands Skypark.
- One month complimentary access to the Art Jiu-Jitsu (artofjiujitsu.com) online video library.”
The Mendes brothers told the Jiu-Jitsu Times that whether attendees are high-level competitors or a bit newer in the sport, they’ll be able to get what they came for out of the experience. “We believe we have a very unique approach to teaching jiu-jitsu. Our classes are based on concepts and training methods that we used personally to accomplish our world titles and now we use to build champions. We have been traveling around the world to teach seminars for over 13 years and it has given us a lot of experience on figuring out the best ways to share the techniques with any belt level student.”
The high value of this “traincation” also comes with a proportionate price tag: $899 for EVOLVE members and $999 for non-EVOLVE members. While it’s certainly not a cheap trip, the Mendes brothers assert that the experience is well worth the cost. “I believe investing in yourself and improving your knowledge is something that should always be a priority for us, because it changes not only our jiu-jitsu, but our way of approaching life. I am sure the attendants will leave the camp with a different mindset and with a clear vision of what needs to be worked to achieve the level they want.”
Whether it’s always been your dream to learn from the Mendes brothers of you just want a very productive vacation to Singapore, this supercamp can be the opportunity to turn your wish into your reality. Learn more and sign up on EVOLVE’s website here.