Jiu-jitsu Times did a feature on the “Most Successful Submissions in the UFC”
How often are fights ended by submission in professional MMA fights?
Approximately 20% of UFC fights are finished by submission on average each year.
- * Statistically the most successful submissions in UFC in 2015 in descending order
- Rear Naked Choke
- Arm Triangle Choke
The natural question after viewing those fight ending submissions would be: “How to defend / escape / counter those submissions?”
* If you fight MMA and consider yourself a striker it is imperative that you at least learn how to defend the biggest submission threats on the ground.
Here are great 5 great instructional videos for you on how to defend against the most dangerous submissions.
1) RNC / Rear Naked Choke (36% of submissions in UFC 2015)
How to Escape the Rear Naked Choke
2) Guillotine Choke (22% of submissions in UFC 2015)
Renzo Gracie shows how to escape from a guillotine
3) Armbar (from the guard)(10% of submissions in UFC 2015)
Kurt Osiander – Armbar Defense
4) Arm Triangle Choke(6% of submissions in UFC 2015)
Kurt Osiander – Side Control Arm Triangle + Defense
5) Triangle(4% of submissions in UFC 2015)
How to Escape the Triangle Choke from Guard