Episode three of Road to Metamoris is out now.
In case you missed the format of the tournament, it is as follows:
- 16 competitors.
- 4 groups of 4.
- Each match is 15 minutes long.
- Whoever gets the most submissions in the group, becomes that group’s finalist.
- The four finalists create a new group which is then fought as a Round-Robin.
- The winner faces Jeff Monson at Metamoris 6.
This week’s episode showed the matches from group #3. The episode in it’s entirety was around 13 minutes.
The competitors from group #3 are:
- Jimmy Fredriech (Purple Belt)
- Daniel Pollaccia (Black Belt)
- Jeremy May (Brown Belt)
- Will Wheeler (Brown Belt)
And here are how the matches played out:
Match #1: Jimmy Friedrich vs Daniel Pollaccia
- Jimmy sits guard and immediately attempts a rolling kneebar
- Daniel defends, they land in 50/50
- Jimmy attempts and ankle lock, passes guard, Daniel regains half-guard
- Jimmy stands and attempts another kneebar
- Daniel defends and ends up in Jimmy’s guard
- A leg-lock battle ensues, and Jimmy finally secures a reverse heel hook
RESULT: Jimmy wins vis reverse heel hook
Match #2: Jeremy May vs Will Wheeler
- Both men looking for the takedown
- Jeremy with a sloppy guard pull
- Will dives head-first into the guard
- Jeremy wastes no time in securing a triangle choke
RESULT: Jeremy wins via triangle choke
Match #3: Will Wheeler vs Jimmy Friedrich
- Jimmy sits guard, Will dives in head-first again
- Jimmy rolls to fake a kneebar, gets the triangle set-up instead, and locks in a straight armbar
RESULT: Jimmy wins via straight armlock
Match #4: Jeremy May vs Daniel Pollaccia
- Daniel pulls guard, Jeremy passes effortlessly to side
- Daniel regains guard and performs a sit-up sweep to mount
- Daniel goes for the armbar, Jeremy looks to be in trouble
- Jeremy escapes and passes to side again
- Daniel regains and does a double-ankle sweep before passing to side control
- Jeremy reguards, and Daniel passes again as time runs out
And with that, Jimmy moves on to the finals, as no one can match the number of submissions he has.